1st April 1974 – Town Lane is now part of the Wirral Authority having left Cheshire.
December 1958 – New curtains fitted in head teachers room and staffroom at the cost of £8.1.0½ Stage curtains provided by the P.T.A at the cost of £22.3.3.
8th/9th July 1952 – Town Lanes first HMI Inspection HMIinspection
26th April 1948 – School closed for an afternoon’s holiday to celebrate the Royal Silver Wedding
Late 1940’s – Town Lane enter the age of technology and purchased a duplicator machine with a ten year guarantee!