The School Day
2 Year Old Provision Little Acorns
8:40am - 11:40am
12.20pm - 3.20pm
Nursery (F1) Maple and Willow Class
8:40am start of session 11:40am end of session.
12:10pm start of session 3:10pm end of session.
Full time F1 30 hours
Foundation 2, Year 1 and Year 2
8:40am school gates open
3:15pm school ends
The pupils are organised into twelve classes in School.
- There are part-time 2 year old provision classes split into am or pm sessions.
- There are part-time and full-time places Foundation 1 Classes (Nursery 3-4 yr olds)
- There are three Foundation 2 classes (Reception 4-5 year olds)
- There are three Year 1 classes (5-6yr olds)
- There are three Year 2 classes (6-7yr olds)
No class exceeds 30 pupils unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Year groups have teaching assistants to reduce pupil to adult ratio.
The school week is divided into teaching time and time allocated for registration, assemblies and breaks.